For more information on this topic please contact:
PPSA Tip #7: Licence or Plate
Justice Black of the NSW Supreme Court has given lawyers some commercial drafting tips as well as important guidance to insolvency practitioners about the operation of the PPS Lease provisions under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (PPSA). Find out more by downloading the PPSA Tip #7 here.
- A foreign regime - winding up overseas companies
- Wiping the slate clean: Claims against a discharged bankrupt
- Beware! Informal negotiations can create binding agreements
- Legal Professional Privilege
- Truss Issues: interpreting dispute resolution clauses in building contracts
- Plutus Payroll Fraud: Supreme Court considers solvency of the Plutus companies
- Beware the costs of an appeal
- Take it to the bank: knowledge of fraud is required!
- Getting your ducks in a row: Applications for disclosure in the Equity Division
- Salim Chance: a lesson in timely communication, good recording keeping, and 'holding out'